Dr. Vinayak Maka
HOD & Consultant Medical Oncology
MBBS, MD(General Medicine), DM(Medical Oncology)ESMO Certification in Medical Oncology, Clinical Fellowship , Haematology and BMT, Singapore
English, Kannada, Hindi, Gujarati
Dr. Vinayak V Maka is a senior Oncologist who teaches and practices
at the Ramaiah Medical College. He is familiar with diagnosing and treating all types of malignancies and carrying out autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantations. Dr. Maka currently specializes in providing personalized cancer care in Gastrointestinal cancers, Urological cancers, Head and Neck cancers, Lung cancers, sarcoma, brain tumors and skin cancers. As Professor and Head Of Department for Medical Oncology, Dr. Maka and his team were instrumental in starting and securing approval for a sub specialty degree (DM) in medical oncology for students per year from 2016 and in starting the stem cell transplantation program in 2015. He has also been involved in various investigator-instigated and industry driven clinical research and also has multiple research grants for translational oncology including rectal cancer stem cells in collaboration with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore under RGUHS research Grant.
- He has 24 publications in peer-reviewed, indexed journals, out of which ten are in international journals.
- He was awarded the first prize (Young ICON Research Grant), for the Best Thesis presentation at the 30th ICON at Ahmedabad in April 2014.
- He has also been selected and trained as Fellow in Haematology and BMT at Singapore General Hospital, from July to December 2015.
- He was selected to participate in the ESMO Sponsored Translational Research Unit visit at the Second University of Naples, Italy.
- Awarded MNAMS in Medical Oncology at the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry in India on 26thto 28th October 2018.
- Multiple travel grants from ESMO to attend ESMO preceptorship on Colorectal Cancer in Singapore in March 2015, Gastric Cancer in Singapore in November 2015, NSCLC in Singapore in December 2015, and Prostate cancer in Singapore in November 2016
- Travel grant from ESO to attend ESO-ESMO-RCE Clinical Update on Rare Adult Solid Cancers at Milan 2016.
- He was selected for CReDO, an intensive oncology research protocol development workshop under TMH in 2018.
- He has also served as General Secretary of Association of Medical Oncologist of India -Karnataka chapter for 2017-2019
- In 2020, he started the Academic Medical Oncology program (AMOP), an annual student educational initiative to address practical needs of final year DM/DNB students in their final examinations