Department with one of the highest OPD statistics is a speciality that routinely deals with skin disorders, besides leprosy and sexually transmitted diseases.
We are running a robust antileprosy program as part of the national leprosy eradication program (NLEP). Free medicines are provided by the government . Patients of leprosy with disabilities and deformities are encouraged to benefit from rehabilitatory surgery by the orthopaedic department of our hospital. Effective follow up strategies are in place.
Sexually transmitted infections (STI) are an important aspect of the National Health Policy. We have a well running clinic that works in coordination with PPTCT program run by NACO.
Complex skin disorders are treated as inpatients and thoroughly investigated and managed .
We have been running a successful postgraduate training program since 21 years. Our alumni have achieved success working in various capacities all over the world.
Besides skin diseases, the department is engaged in management of complex aesthetic disorders. State of the art equipment is available in the department to cater to the needs of the aesthetic conscious patient. Several procedures such as chemical peels, skin rejuvenation procedures, removal of skin blemishes and outgrowths , etc are regularly conducted.
Facilities & Services
Electrocautery and Radiofrequency ablation units.
Dark ground microscope
Full body and hand and foot phototherapy units
One targeted phototherapy unit
Q switched Nd:Yag Laser for pigment removal
Long pulsed Nd:Yag laser for hair removal
Fractional co2 laser for scar revision
Equipments for Non-cultured epidermal cell suspension procedure for vitiligo
Botox and fillers
Treatments & Procedures
- Simple bed side diagnostic procedures like Grams stain, Tzanck smear, skin scrapings, Koh mount, Nail scraping/ clippings and Dark field microscopy.
- Electrocautery and Radiofrequency ablation
- Acne surgeries: Subcision, punch elevation, punch floatation, punch grafting and laser scar revision
- Vitiligo surgeries : mini punch grafting, blister grafting and Non-cultured epidermal cell suspension
- Partial and complete nail avulsion
- Skin and Nail biopsies.
- Cryotherapy of Benign, premalignant and malignant skin disorders
- Whole body, hand and foot and Targeted phototherapy
- Laser tattoo removal for pigmentary disorders
- Laser hair removal
- Fractional co2 laser ablation for skin rejuvenation and acne scar revision
- Co2 laser ablation
- Botox and fillers.
- Skin intralesional injection and Nail intramatricial injection
- Chemical peels
Years of experience
2.5 million +