Operation Theatre Technician/ Anaesthesia Technician
Diploma / Graduation in Operation theatre / Anaesthesia technology
0 - 5 Years
DUTY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To determine supply and equipment needs for procedures, prepare anaesthetizing location for indicated procedure, to include setting up and calibrating monitoring devices troubleshoot anesthesia equipment malfunctions and routing non-functional equipment to the proper department for repair.
- Assist anesthesia providers using aseptic or sterile technique with non-invasive and invasive patient procedures including peripheral intravenous lines, central venous lines, arterial line placement, airway management techniques and regional anesthesia techniques.
- Assist anesthesia providers with physiological monitoring of patients notifying the anesthesia provider/s of abnormal changes in vital signs and physical appearance of the patient.
- Clean anesthesia machines, monitors and equipment following procedures as per the Infection Control guidelines.
- Stock anesthesia supplies in all anesthetizing locations including Crash carts, fibro optic carts, emergency airway bags and any other anesthesia supply location.
- Assist with patient laboratory tests and results including, but not limited to ABGs, ACTs and other point of care tests.