The surgical gastroenterology department works in close association with the actual gastroenterology department to deliver the best to the patients. The department provides comprehensive surgical gastroenterology services including HPB (liver, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts) surgery, upper GI surgery, colorectal surgery, bariatric surgery and laparoscopic surgery in all above specialities.
Highlights of Department services:
- Liver resection: Minor and major liver resections for cancerous or non cancerous diseases
- Pancreatic surgery: Including whipples operation, pancreaticojejunostomy, distal pancreatectomy etc
- Gallbladder and bile duct surgery : Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, radical cholecystectomy, bile duct surgery and hepaticojejunostomy
- Colon and rectal surgery including right and left colectomy, low anterior resection, abdominoperineal resection, sigmoid colectomy, colostomy
- Small bowel resections and anastomosis
- Gastrectomy, gastrojejunostomy etc.
- Laparoscopic hydatid cyst surgery, laparoscopic splenectomy, laparoscopic ventral hernia/umbilical hernia repair and other advanced laparoscopic surgeries, bariatric surgery
- Complex redo surgeries or management for complications arising out of surgeries done elsewhere
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP
- Diagnostic and therapeutic EUS
- Placement of self expanding metallic stents for cancers, removal of biliary ductal stones, pancreatic stones
- Relieving jaundice by placement of stents by ERCP.
- 24 hours service for acute bleeds and severe liver failure.
- Push enteroscopy
- Argon plasma coagulation, placement of hemoclip, polypectomy
- Capsule endoscopy
Dr Nitin Rao A R
MBBS, MS, FAIS, FTS, FACS, Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist