The department of Urology at Ramaiah Memorial Hospital is one of the leading Urology departments in this region for both Urology clinical services and education. It is also one of the busiest clinical department in the campus. Our vision is to be the region’s leading urology service provider through our commitment to accessible, high quality, cost-effective care and patient satisfaction. The department is home to a committed group of faculty and residents who all share a common purpose- understanding, treating and curing a wide array of urologic diseases and conditions. Our expertise lies in the depth of our medical education and compassion in clinical care. The department currently has 6 full time dedicated faculty and 9 young enthusiastic residents providing round the clock Urology care to the patients both in the Out Patient Clinic and inpatient areas. The faculty and residents service the 2 major hospitals in the campus and 4 of our peripheral hospitals. Nearly 18000 patients visit our outpatient clinic every year and nearly 3500 inpatients are cared for in the inpatient wards. The faculty and residents perform nearly 3000 Urology operations annually using cutting edge technology including Advanced Endo Urology, Laparoscopy, Robotic surgery and Renal transplantation.
- BPH – Monopolar TURP, Bipolar TURP. Laser TURP
- Stones – PCNL, URS, RIRS Cystolithotripsy, ESWL
- Oncology – Open, Laparoscopic, Robotic- Radical Nephrectomy, Cystectomy, Prostatectomy, Orchidectomy, Penectomy and RPLND
- Reconstructive Urology – Pyeloplasty, Ureteric Reimplantation, Augmentation Cystoplasty, Urethral Reconstruction
- Renal Transplantation – Live and Deceased donor transplantation.
- Urinary Incontinence – TVT, TOT, Facial slings , Artificial sphincters
- Andrology – Surgery for Infertility, Penile prosthesis implant.
Dr. K. C. Gurudev
Nephrology, Urology Director, Centre of Excellence of Nephro-Urology DNB(NEPHRO), MAMS, FRCP (Glasgow)
Dr. Tarun Dilip Javali
Urology Consultant MBBS, MS, MCh, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Renal Transplantation
Years of experience
2.5 million +