Dr. K. C. Gurudev is one of the senior most nephrologist with over 30 years of experience. He was trained under Padmabhushan Dr. M. K. Mani at Apollo Chennai.
Dr. Gurudev is responsible for starting nephrology services in Mysore city in the year 1991 and was the first qualified nephrologist to start dialysis and kidney transplant program. Incidentally he performed the first kidney transplant in Mysore at JSS medical college hospital in the year 1993 which happened to be the first transplant done in Karnataka outside Bangalore city.
He has experience of starting numerous nephrology centers in Mysore and satellite dislysis centers at district headquarters. He is associated with more than 500 kidney transplants since 1993. He joined Ramaiah memorial hospital in the year 2012. He is dedicated, hardworking and very passionate about his patient. He is known for his teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students and influenced many to take up nephrology as their specialisation. More than 20 of his students are successful nephrologist now.
- Recipient of Smt.Parvathamma Chandrashekar memorial Lecture at MERT, Bangalore
- Recipient of Padmabhushana Dr.M K Mani honor oration for the year 2011.
- Dr. N.C. Talwalkar Memorial Oration
- Bapat Memorial Oration
- RSSDA Oration
He has been an office bearer in Indian society of nephrology and Indian society of nephrology southern chapter and in Karnataka nephrology association.
- International Society of Nephrology
- Indian society of Nephrology
- Indian society of Nephrology, Southern Chapter API
- Organizing secretary: Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology Southern chapter. 1993 and 2007