GNM/BSc Nursing/PBBSC/MSc Nursing
0 - 5 Years
Staff nurse is a first level professional nurse who provides direct patient care to one patient or group of patients assigned to her/him during duty shift & assist in management of wards/units/special departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administration of medication to assigned patients- orally, injections, infusions & transfusions as prescribed.
- Assisting doctors in various medical, surgical & diagnostic procedures by preparing the patient & required things.
- Perform initial nursing assessment, pain assessment.
- Performing urinary catheterization, I.V access, oral suctioning, GRBS, Insulin administration, Nebulization, Oxygen inhalation, tube feeding, enema, bowel wash, dressing, stomach wash, eye & ear care, collection & sending of specimen, pre & post-operative care, assist in administration of transfusion, perennial care, breast care, baby care etc.
- Provide health education to patients & relatives.
- Observe all patient’s conditions & take suitable actions accordingly & or report any changes in patient’s condition to the doctor or the physician following up with proper documentation.
- Treat patients with total compassion & full respect for the dignity & uniqueness of every individual.
- Maintain personal hygiene & comforts of the patients.
- Attend to the nutritional needs of the patients & feed the helpless patients.