Dr. Avinash is the chief of Medical Gastroenterology and Hepatology at MSRamaiah Memorial Hospitals, Bangalore. His strengths are in Biliary tract diseases, Pancreatic diseases and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. He has been practicing Gastroenterology for more than 15 years. He has performed more than 20000 endoscopies, 10000 colonoscopies, 5000 ERCPs, 1000 Endoscopic ultrasound till date. He is a Governing council member of Society of GI Endoscopy of India- National Society. He was trained in Denmark for Endosonography under Dr Peter Vilmann. Dr Avinash had his career in Gastroenterology at Prestigious Christian Medical College, Vellore as Senior Registrar in 2006 and completed DM in 2010. He had done his MBBS from Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool, M.D & DNB General Medicine from Sri Venkateshwara Medical College Tirupati in 2006. From 2010, he is associated with M.S.Ramaiah Medical College and Memorial Hospitals, Bangalore. His special interest is in ERCP & EUS and he is the coordinator for advanced Endoscopic fellowship for ERCP and EUS at MSR Hospitals. Dr Avinash is a faculty in national and international Gastroenterology conferences.
Field of Expertise
- Breath test
- He is the recipient of Train the Trainer award by World Gastroenterology Organisation in 2018 and Asian Endoscopic Ultrasound Group in 2020.
- He has done first in the world procedures: EUS guided parathyroid biopsy and EUS guided parapharyngeal abscess drainage. He is a Member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology;
- Member of Indian Association of Study of Liver;
- Governing Council member of Society of GI Endoscopy of India;
- Organising Secretary of Third space ESD hands on Program at MSR;
- Organising Secretary of Mid term Endocon 2021