Dr. Nalini Kilara has started the department of Medical Oncology in 1995. DM in Medical Oncology has been started under her guidance at the Ramaiah Medical College and is presently approved for training 5 candidates per year.
She has been an invited speaker for several conferences on long-term venous access device, chemotherapy for head &neck cancers, principles of chemotherapy and oncology for the general practitioner. She has several publications in international journals on intraperitoneal chemotherapy using Veress needle, choriocarcinoma, thyroid lymphoma, rituximab induced interstitial lung disease, and anastrozole induced tardive dyskinesia. She has also published in Indian journals including the Karnataka Medical Journal where she has covered ameloblastoma, breast cancer, principles of chemotherapy and gene therapy for cancer. She is a co-author for presentations at international conferences on breast, lung and colon cancer She has also been a presenter at several national conferences covering acute myeloid leukemia, fluconazole in immunocompromised hosts and intraperitoneal chemotherapy using Veress needle. She is a contributor to medical newsletters covering subjects like chemotherapy for ovarian cancer, osteosarcoma for the orthopedic surgeon, recent advances in haematological malignancies etc.
Field of Expertise
- Solid Tumours: Breast , Lung and Gynecological cancers
- Haematological malignancies : Multiple Myeloma
- Gold medals in Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Surgery, OB& Gynaecology for standing first in those subjects.
- Best outgoing student St. Johns Medical College
- President of India Medal for best woman candidate in final MBBS in Bangalore University
- Bronze Medal in Internal Medicine
Clinical Trial Eperience
- She has been actively involved in approximately 25 clinical trials as a Principal Investigator. The trials have included lung, breast colon and ovarian cancers, Multiple Myeloma, Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and Soft tissue sarcoma
- Life member of Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Cardiological Society of India
- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology