Dr. Mahesh started his career in Nephrology at Madras Medical College, Chennai. He has been with Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore since December 2001, where he have been working for the past 20 years in various capacities as a teaching faculty and Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant physician. Currently working as Professor and Head, Department of Nephrology, & has been actively involved in training Undergraduates, Postgraduates in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
He has more than 500 transplants to his credit which includes HIV positive patients. He has performed more than 500 transplants including transplants for HIV positive patients.
Field of Expertise
- Tropical Nephrology and Transplantation
- Member of the Ramaiah Antibiotic committee
- Member of the Hospital Equipment maintenance committee
- Hospital Infectious control committee
- Member, Board of Studies, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
- Current member of scientific committee of ISNSC
- Member- IMA, NAK, ISN (India), ISNSC, ISOT, ISN (International),
- Life member – Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India
- Member – National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Fellow – International Medical Sciences Academy
- Fellow – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow)
- Fellow – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Organising Secretary of ISNSCCON 2020, Bangalore