Graduated from Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore and completed DNB Pulmonology from Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. Special Interest in interventional pulmonology and critical care.
Field of Expertise
- COPD, Asthma, community acquired pneumonia, post obstructive airway disease, ABPA, interstitial lung disease and occupational lung diseases.
- Interpretation of pulmonary function test and DLco study
- Interpretation of polysomonography and advise on usage of CPAP and BIPAP
- Diagnosis and Management of MDR- TB.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy (flexible and rigid bronchoscopy)
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), transbronchial lung biopsy (TBLB) with fluoroscopy guidance, endobronchial biopsy (EBB), endobronchial needle aspiration (EBNA) & brush cytology
- Endobrochial ultrasound guided transbronchial needle aspiration of mediastinal lymph nodes and tumours (EBUS-TBNA) including Diagnostic and therapeutic thoracocentesis
- Tube thoracostomy and medical pleurodesis
- Pleural indwelling catheter insertion
- Medical thoracoscopy with pleural biopsy and adhesiolysis (including rigid and flexible thoracoscopy)
- Proficiency in advanced ventilator settings [ Volume and Pressure control, SIMV, PRVC and CPAP modes] useful in management of COPD, Asthma, pneumonia, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Interstitial Lung Diseases.
- Management of electrolyte and acid base disorders.
- Central line insertion – subclavian, femoral and internal jugular vein approach
- Endotracheal intubation, Lumbar puncture.
- Dialysis catheter insertion
- Lumbar Puncture.
- Ascitic paracentesis
- Arterial line insertion
- Indian Chest Society.
- European Respiratory Society.
- Indian Medical Association
- American Thoracic Society (ATS).
- South East Asian Academy Of Sleep Medicine (SEAAS M).
- Chest Council of India (CCI).
- Amrita Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (ABIP).
- Karnataka Pulmonologist Association (KPA).