Dr. Jyothi G S is a Professor and Unit head in the department of OBG and joined the Institution on March 30th 1996. She completed her MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and MD from Government Medical College, Mysore. She has 30 years of experience with an expertise to manage High Risk Obstetric cases, treat and manage gynaecological problems across all ages and has trained in Ultrasound and Laparoscopy. She has been involved in treating International patients of OBGYN of Ramaiah Memorial Hospital since the last 7 to 8 years. She is the current Vice President of Bangalore Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and is holding several positions at the State and National level. She has given several television talks and contributed articles in newsletters. She has been in the Organizing Committee, Faculty, Chairperson and Speaker of several [>200] CMEs, Symposia, Workshops, Conferences at International, National and State levels. Her aim is to give the best patient care for good outcomes and guide the students in their clinical skills, research and academic programs.
Field of Expertise
- High Risk Pregnancy and Preventive Oncology
- Participated in the largest cervical cancer screening camp in August 2015 which entered the Guinness Book of World Records for doing maximum Pap smears in a day.
- Limca Award for Nutrition advice in pregnancy – in May 2020.
- Won the best society award during her tenure as Secretary of Bangalore Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology [BSOG} – 2018-19.
- Member of FOGSI [BSOG] since 1996
- Life member for various professional bodies like IMA, IMS, AGOI, NARCHI, BPNI, ISCCP, ICF, IGF, AOGIN India.