Dr. Sharath K Ramanath
Consultant - Orthopaedics
MBBS , MS Orthopedics
12 Years Experience
English, Hindi, Kannada
Dr. Sharath K R, MS DNB, Post-doctoral fellowship in arthroplasty (IOR, Italy) has a professional experience of more than 12 years. He has distinguished as a well-known joint replacement surgeon and knee surgeon. Besides his fellowship in Italy’s, Rizzoli orthopedic institute, he has visited Univ hospital Innsbruck, Holyspirit northside hospital, Brisbane for advanced training in knee surgeries and computer navigated surgeries. He has performed large number of research studies in hip replacement surgery and knee replacements. He has been actively involved in conducting arthroplasty cadaver courses in advanced learning Centre. He has successfully conducted eleven courses in last five years and helped more than 250 young surgeons learn and perform knee and hip arthroplasty through his courses which gives unique hands-on experience on cadaver. He has to his credit 17 scientific articles in national and international journals. He has been invited in various national conferences to deliver his expertise in knee and hip surgery. He is in- charge and convenor of fellowship program of six months in arthroplasty under aegis of “Ramaiah -J&J arthroplasty fellowship”.
Field of Expertise
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Knee Arthroscopic Surgery
- Ligament Surgery
He was invited by Mongolian orthopedic group and orthopedic surgeons of south Iraq to perform knee replacement surgery for their young surgeons’ training.
- Awarded Oman medical specialty board certification as specialist orthopedics 2016
- Best paper award in BOS annual conference of BOS, 2016 for “valgus knee lateral release technique
- Recognized and invited as best presentation for “posterior column acetabulum fractures’ Instruction course lectures in orthopedics by Karnataka orthopedic association, March 2018 in adicunchanagiri
- Invited to perform Live surgery in Andra Pradesh ortho conference 2018 Feb
- Recognition and invited army veterans’ day annual meeting; Air force veterans office.; delivered talk on Knee pain in elderly and its management
Professional Membership(Life Member)
- Karnataka orthopedic association KOA
- Indian orthopedic Association IOA
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Bangalore orthopedic society.
- Indian society of hip and knee surgeons (ISHKS).
- International Society of arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopedic sports medicine. (ISAKOS)